The Site Allocations Plan is being prepared to support the delivery of the housing targets for Milton Keynes, which the 2013 Core Strategy established should be 1,750 homes per year on average. A significant portion of housing will be delivered through the strategic allocations in the Local Plan and Core Strategy. However, by identifying a range of smaller sites the Site Allocations Plan will provide a ‘top-up’ and ensure that the Council has enough land allocated to demonstrate a five year supply of deliverable housing sites for the immediate future. The Plan will also help a current deficit in the proportion of housing land identified in the rural area.
Milton Keynes Council have produced a document covering the initial issues and options for the Site Allocations Plan, which is available to view at:
a summary document of the consultation is also available under the “Documents” section of this page. At this early stage we’re seeking views on:
- the amount of land we should be allocating
- the split of development across the rural area
- the method we propose to use to assess sites
- the suitability of certain small-medium sized sites that have already been put forward to us for consideration; and
- whether there are any alternative small-medium sized sites that we should be considering
Milton Keynes Council welcome your comments in response to the questions set out in the Issues and Options consultation paper, or your thoughts on any of the potential sites put forward for consideration. You can send your comments to us:
- By email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Development Plans team, Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ
- Or by responding online through our consultation portal at:
- If you wish to speak to someone in the Development Plans team please call (01908) 252358.