Loughton and Great Holm Parish Council delivers services for the local area like the dog waste bins service, providing allotments, improving on the landscaping and environment, and running the Great Holm Community Centre and the sports ground and Pavilion in Loughton for the benefit of local residents. The Parish Council also helps residents to have a voice about local issues like planning applications and development.
Could you get involved as a community leader? If you are involved and care about community issues you could help by representing people, finding out what the community needs, decision making and monitoring the services in the public interest. It is a voluntary role that may take up 2-3 hours per week.
To be eligible to stand you need to be:
- UK or Commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member State of the European Union
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be an elector of the local council;
- or in the past 12 months occupied land or other premises in the area the local council serves (as owner or tenant);
- or work in the area local council serves (as your principal or only place of work);
- or live within three miles of the local council boundary.
Notice of the election will be made on 22/03/19 and your nomination can be submitted between 3-12 April 2019.
Want to know more? Please contact the Parish Clerk, Bev Field (details below) for an informal chat or contact the elections officer for a nomination pack at Milton Keynes Council on 01908 252529 or firstname.lastname@example.org