CMK Medical Centre – New Flu Vaccine and Flu Clinic Dates
There are some important changes to the NHS flu vaccines this winter.
• For eligible patients under 65 years of age the vaccine is called Quadrivalent.
• For patients over 65 years of age there is a new vaccine called Fluad.
Flu vaccinations for adults are free of charge if you are in one of the eligible groups. If you are a patient at CMK Medical Centre and are in one of the eligible groups you would have been sent a text message, email or letter inviting you for a flu appointment. If you are not sure if you qualify please check our website www.cmkmc.co.uk which lists all the groups.
If you are pregnant, you will be offered a flu vaccine and also one to protect you from whooping cough (Pertussis), it is important that you discuss these vaccines with your midwife as they protect your health and that of your baby.
If you have received a text message, email or letter, the dates for the flu clinic appointments this year are:
• Saturday 22nd September 2018 – Under 65’s only
• Saturday 13th October 2018 – All eligible groups
• Saturday 27th October 2018 – All eligible groups
• Saturday 24th November 2018 – All eligible groups
Please inform the receptionist of your age when booking an appointment.
There will be some evening clinics during October and November for those patients who are unable to attend on a Saturday.