This year is the Centenary of the start of the First World War, there is a plaque outside the Loughton Memorial Hall commemorating the fallen, who lived in Loughton Village and served between 1914-1918, do you recognise any of the names listed and can shed some light about their lives, are any of these men a relative of yours? do let the Parish Clerk Brian Barton know on 07779261364 or email: email@example.com and he will pass any information on to All Saints Church in Loughton, who are collecting information for their Exhibition on the First World War.
- Milton Keynes Citizen’s Advice on Scamming
- Historical thought for the day, for anyone interested in local governance and local history:
- Junctions 13-16 on the M1 upgrade:
- The Community Centre in Great Holm was in use yesterday serving the residents as a Polling Station:
- The Practical Task Force conducted a litter pick around Lodge Lake for The Parks Trust last week, and collected over 72kilos of rubbish.
accountability allotment badminton centre change of name children children's play conservation area coordinator Councillors Council tax cultivation development emergency planning grant graveyard Great Holm interpretation boards Jubilee graveyard landscape maintenance Leaflet listening to residents Lodge Lake lottery Loughton Loughton Memorial Hall Loughton School Loughton sports and social club MacIntyre Centre Millenium Meadow MK Play association newsletter parking Parks Trust peter howard planning Play areas Precept Presentation shenley church end survey trees voluntary website wildflower meadow wind turbine